1. Who is your favorite character in 2?
- Ben Wyatt – Ben manages to be the obligatory straight-man as needed in any comedy setting, but he also has some relatable quirks that makes him an interesting character. Adam Scott might have been the reason why I started watching this show.
2. Who is your least favorite character in 1?
- Rose Tyler – I might get some flack for saying this but… her?
3. What’s your favorite episode of 3?
- Cooperative Calligraphy. Not gotta lie, this was hard to pick so I went with one that was not so gimmicky (like Modern Warfare, D&D or the zombie episode which all rank pretty high on my list of overall TV episodes ever) and captured the best in our core study group.
4. What is your favourite season of 5?
- Five (I think) – if memory serves me, this season lead nicely into the first film.
5. What’s your favourite relationship in 3?
6. Who is your anti-relationship in 2?
- Ann/Chris – I don’t know where this show is going with them. I don’t hate them as much as most people out there do but I also don’t need this to happen.
7. How long have you watched 1?
- In the long run? Off and on since 1984. Revival series, since season 1 but not straight.
8. How did you become interested in 3?
- A friend recommended the show. The first ever episode I watched was Comparative Religions and the line that sold me was: “Oh, you’re a funny man. How’s this for funny? Knock knock! My fist up your balls?” “Who’s there?”
9. Who is your favorite actor in 4?
- James Marsters (if we were jumping over to the spin off show, I’d go with Alexis Denisof or Amy Acker… but we’re not)
10. Which show do you prefer 1, 2, or 5?
- Gotta go with #2 (Parks)… I will always be able to watch any one of those episodes whereas for Doctor Who or The X-Files, I have to be in the mood.
11. Which show have you seen more episodes of 1 or 3?
- That’s not fair! One of those shows has been around since 1963 so there’s more to choose from :P
12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be?
- I’d want to be season five Xander – he had his shit together.
13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1?
- Man, how HASN’T that guy died?
14. Would a 3/4 crossover work?
- If Community can have a zombie episode, and Buffy can have a musical episode, they can make anything work.
15. Pair two characters in 1 that would make an unlikely, but strangely okay couple:
- Captain Jack Harkness and Romana II (fourth Doctor’s companion)
16. Overall, which show has a better cast, 3 or 5?
- Community – everyone seems to just have great chemistry together on and off camera. Though to be fair… no two people have as amazing chemistry as Mulder and Scully.
17. Which has better theme music, 2 or 4?
- This is a tough one… I’ll have to go with Parks and Recreation. The tone is spot on with the show: cheery, light yet captured something rather all-American. But if we were going by overall score of the show, then Buffy (God bless you, Christophe Beck!)